You are here: Care Student health insurance > Living, Learning, Studying worldwide > After school > Language course
After school language course

Language course - Learning languages abroad

language course after schoolThe fact that foreign language skills are important key professional qualifications is no longer a secret.

However, you learn a language really well not at school or university, but abroad. Because here you are not only surrounded by native speakers, but also get to know the culture behind the language live.

We have put together a few initial ideas for organising your language travel for you here:

Which language do you want to learn?Which language do you want to learn?

Of course, the undisputed number 1 is English. 80 percent of all language trips are booked to learn English. The other places are Spanish and French. Since Spanish is spoken by more people worldwide than English, more and more Germans are going abroad to learn Spanish. Or have you ever thought of a language like Chinese? Although there are still few offers here, knowledge of Chinese is a huge advantage for your professional future.

In which country do you do your language course after your Abitur?In which country do you do your language course after your Abitur?

In which country do you do your language course after your Abitur?

Three guesses where most language courses go. Right, to Great Britain. Other English-speaking countries such as Ireland or the USA are also very popular. If you want a little less mainstream, you could also go to South Africa, Malta or Hong Kong to learn English.

There are also more possibilities for French or Spanish than you think: What do you think of a language course in Canada, the French overseas territories in the Caribbean, Argentina or Mexico? More information about language travel and language courses.

What is the goal of your language course?What is the goal of your language course?

If you have just finished your A-levels, you will want to learn a language better in general.
Maybe you would like to prepare yourself for a study abroad or a semester abroad. Then you should be aware that often a certain language level according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages or a language examination (e.g. TOEFL for English or DELF for French, DELE for Spanish) must be proven. More information about language tests.

If you are already studying, there is also a wide range of language courses abroad with subject-specific content, for example for doctors.

Health insurance for the language courseHealth insurance for the language course

Health insurance for the language course

For the language course, it is best to take out a foreign health insurance. We have developed a special health insurance plan, the Care College, so that you are well covered when you are abroad. The tariff is cheap and flexible, and Care Concept also has other tariffs up its sleeve.

If you would like to start studying after your language course, we offer you the inexpensive and powerful private full health insurance Care Student or a statutory health insurance for students.

Care Student Newsletter

You want exclusive information on living, learning and studying in Germany and worldwide? Then subscribe to our Care Student Newsletter!
Ms.  Mr. 

I hereby declare that I agree that the operator of the Care Student Portal, Care Concept AG, may regularly inform me via newsletter about information about living, learning and studying in Germany and worldwide. I can revoke this consent at any time.

Further information on the use of recipient data can be found in our data protection declaration at


If you already know exactly where your future career should take you, you can jump straight into your studies.

Au pair

What better way to get to know other cultures, learn a language and discover the world than living in a host family as an au pair?


Gain work experience and get to know languages and the world at the same time? That sounds good to you? Then why not do a Work'n'Travel?

Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr

You don't feel like studying yet and Au-Pair, or Work'n'Travel is too boring for you? Then do a FSJ

TOP subject:
Health insurance for the time after school

Probably you have dealt little with the topic of health insurance so far. No problem! We have compiled important information for you, e.g. when you need international health insurance.

Studentenversicherung ProduktfinderFind a suitable health insurance for students, interns, language students...

Where are you coming from? What's your destination? For how long? What's the reason for your stay abroad? How old are you?
Wo kommst du her?
What's your destination?
For how long?
What's the reason for your stay abroad?
How old are you?

facebook instagram linkedin